“Most kids dream of scoring the perfect goal. I’ve always dreamed of stopping it.” – Iker Casillas
Goalkeepers are different. Whilst most kids fall in love with scoring the perfect goal, goalkeepers thrive in denying these moments and keeping the ball out of the net. Here at The Player Development Project, we want to give goalkeepers and goalkeeper coaches the same attention and detail as outfielders.
We are delighted to be joined by Yilmaz Aksoy, National Goalkeeping Coach at The FA, Yilmaz works throughout the age groups, working with some of the brightest talents in England. Yilmaz will share some of his experience and insight as well as tackling some of the hot topics around ‘Developing Goalkeepers’, this will include:
- What age should young players specialise?
- What does The FA look for when identifying young goalkeepers?
- What are the demands of the modern goalkeeper?
- How do coaches design sessions that are realistic and beneficial?
- How does Yilmaz link training and games?
- What advice does he have for aspiring coaches?
This is an opportunity is not to be missed, click the button below to register for the webinar and learn more about this specialist position.
Note: If you can’t make the live event, all registrants will receive a link to the replay 24 hours after the webinar which can be viewed anytime.