In this Masterclass Webinar replay, the PDP team host FA National Goalkeeping coach, Yilmaz Aksoy for a fascinating discussion on how to develop goalkeepers.
Most kids dream of scoring the perfect goal. I’ve always dreamed of stopping it. – Iker Casillas
Goalkeepers are different. Whilst most kids fall in love with scoring the perfect goal, Goalkeepers thrive in denying these moments and keeping the ball out of the net.
PDP Co-hosts Dave Wright & Dan Wright sit down for a discussion designed to help coaches understand how they can support youth goalkeepers. Yilmaz will share some of his experience and insight as well as well as some of The FA’s principles around goalkeeping in and out of possession and the requirements of the role. This conversation includes discussion on the following:
- What age should young players specialize?
- What does the FA look for when identifying young Goalkeepers?
- How do we effectively integrate goalkeepers at training?
- What are the demands of the modern Goalkeeper?
- FA Goalkeeping DNA
- How do coaches design sessions that are realistic and beneficial?
- Advice for coaches
Image Source: Deposit Photos