How do you deal with parents in your environment? This can be one of the most challenging aspects of coaching at all levels. Parents are the stakeholders of your team, they have a vested interest in their child’s development and it’s your role as a coach to do your best by them.
Reed is a TEDx Speaker, Founder of Raising Excellence & holds two Masters degrees, one in Sports Behaviour and Performance and the other in Early Childhood Education. Skye is a former women’s goalkeeper achieving selection to the Youth All American teams, played abroad in Italy and was an accomplished track athlete. Skye runs her own website www.soccerparenting.com and is a USSF B Licensed coach who has worked at College and Club level.
We’ll be discussing the following key ideas plus much more:
- Coach communication with parents
- Getting the buy in of parents
- Creating a culture around your team
- Coach/athlete relationships
- Developing learners and taking a long term view
- Positive parenting in football
Image Source: depositphotos.com